Kibbles ‘n Bits Dog Food

September 3, 2010
Filed under Dog Food Reviews, Kibbles n' Bits

Kibbles ‘n Bits dog food is manufactured by Delmonte Foods.

From the official Kibbles ‘n Bits website:

“There’s nothing like the Original. For 20 years, Kibbles ‘n Bits® Original has combined the savory flavors of chicken and beef for a crunchy, chewy taste that makes meal time joy time for dogs of every size and breed. Your dog will be so happy with the great taste of Kibbles ‘n Bits that he just may start to dance!

Kibbles ‘n Bits offers a number of different formulas.  Based on the ingredients list, we believe that this is a very low quality brand of dog food.

Some of the questionable ingredients found in this food are listed below, many of which are listed within the first five ingredients on the label which is particularly troublesome.

• Corn
  • Soybean Meal
  • Wheat
  • Corn Syrup

Although this is an inexpensive dog food, there are many healthier choices that you can make for your dog.

Kibbles ‘n Bits Dog Food Formulas

• Kibbles ‘n Bits Original Chicken and Beef
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits Wholesome Medley
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits Homestyle Chicken
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits Homestyle Beef
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits Balanced Bites
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits Brushing Bites
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits ‘n Beefy Bits
  • Kibbles ‘n Bits Mini Bits

Kibbles ‘n Bits Dog Food Consumer Ratings

[starrating template_id=47 category=468]

Comments

18 Responses to “Kibbles ‘n Bits Dog Food”
  1. edward howie says:

We have 3 dogs and they love Kibbles and Bitts mini bites, but we can’t find large bags of kibbles and bitts mini bites. I need to know where I can buy the largest bag that u sell/v/r Edward Howie

edward howie, JUST GO TO YOUR LOCAL CITY DUMP, YOU DOG WELL BE BETTER FEED THERE THAN WITH kibble & poison!!

3. Craig Watson says:

I feed my pitbull kibble n bits and he is doing fine on it. he is a blue pit and everyone stops and compliments me on how he looks and when i say i feed kibble n bits they dont believe me until i show them the bag. I also keeps him updated on his shots at the vet. Its been good to me thus far.

4. Nic says:

Fed my Pit/Boxer/Rottie Kibbles N’ Bits for about 2 yrs and she loved it. One day she just didn’t care for it anymore. It’s pretty poor food, but she LOVED it over all the other food so that’s what I gave her.

5. Paul says:

My AmStaff eats Kibbles and Bits, supplemented with people food and catfood as treats. She has daily exercise, a glossy coat and beautiful muscle definition. Some of the premium brands might be healthier however some of the high protein formulas are actually very unhealthy for some dogs. Kibbles and Bits is like Meow Mix…Maybe Blue whathaveyou has more vitamins and prettier packaging but Kibbles and Bits n Alpo are decently priced and are basically just as good.

6. David says:

I had a Lab who ate kibbles and bits for 15 years and not only did she like she inhaled it and it floored the vet when I told him how long and then he tried to sell some “heathy” dog food. My friend had some of the food and she turned her nose up at it so much for healthy

7. Rita says:

I have four dogs, all of them are rescues. I have bought many brands of dog foods. Some have been pricey. The only problem is that the dogs only eat kibbles n bits. Believe me, I have tried absolutely everything. My “kids” prefer kibbles n bits, so they will continue to get it.

8. Carmen says:

I’ve got to say, I didn’t want to feed my dogs Kibbles n bits; I have a 17 1/2 year old border terrier mix, a 15 yr shizu/poodle + ??? mystery dog, and an 8 year old rott/hound/sheph++?? mix. The big boy has a very sensitive stomach; they were getting Blue which resulted in lowering the skin allergies for the shizu however he wouldn’t eat it. I would have to mix it with anything to entice, soon my border terrier was also turning up her nose. Well throwing $2/lb dog food to the Ibis’s outside was starting to get to me. Caring for my neighbor’s Malamute who only eats this stuff I mixed a can in with my dogs food. Well to end a long story….they are on KnB, not because I want (my personal feelings are it’s crappy dog food) but because they like it and are doing well. And heck, the longer toothed ones got whatever food I could afford back in the day and they obviously have made it to the “silver” chalice! Good luck all, and may your pets be blessed with health.

9. Floyd Carmichael says:

Thank the DOG GOD that my human does not feed me this or any other grocery store brand of food! No offense, K & B brand, but this food (just like Iams, “Beneful,” and countless other misrepresented dog “foods”) is equivalent to my human eating McDEADalds – I’m sorry, I meant McDonalds – every meal of every day of every week of every month of every year of her life! If your dog “prefers” such junk food it’s because he or she is so used to it. Sounds a bit human-like, eh? They would rather eat the junkfood and the take out crap than eat the healthy stuff. They would rather eat the white bread than the 100% whole wheat/whole grain bread. Do your dog a favor and do the research…

10. Robert says:

I have spent 30+ years raising and caring for puregreds and rescue dogs. I have fed them a wide variety of dry kibble. The past 3 years all my dogs have gone to kibbles and bits. They inhale the stuff. The oldest, a jack/pappillon rescue is going on 17. The kibble is a base to which we add vegetables, raw meat and fresh caught fish. I just can’t bring myself to rely on any “scientifically formulated” Even they use controversial ingredients. Certainly not at prices up to $100 a 20kg bag.

11. Lisa says:

I bought this food a week ago and my dog loves it. But it concerns me that since he has been eating it he is drinking a lot of water and urinating for long periods of time.

12. Cathy says:

I’ve been feeding my beagle mix Kibbles and Bits for 13 years. On the recommendation of my vet I tried Iams for a while, which she did not like in a big way. Shortly thereafter I noticed she was chronically constipated. She went back on the Kibbles and Bits and has been on it ever since – she loves it. The vet is amazed how good she looks and how healthy she is – she still acts like a puppy when the weather is cool. I have no reservations feeding my dog (or future dogs) Kibbles and Bits.

13. Dana says:

I have found after giving my dogs (2) different bags of Kibbles n Bits, my small yorkie started having symptoms of diarrhea and throwing up. Then she started showing her signs of imbalance as if she had a stroke. We immediately suspended the dog food and gave her boiled chicken with rice and banana baby food. She had no temperature during the 4 days it took for her new diet to take affect. Just as she started showing signs of getting well, my australian cattle dog had the throwing up and diarrhea. We were not sure if it was the food since the other dog had no immediate symptoms. After the larger dog started, we threw the bag of kibbles away. It should be illegal to even be able to sell junk dog food.

14. Sara says:

Guys, it’s not complicated. Look at the ingredients. If there are meat by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, or anything else that makes you wonder, hmmmm, why the heck is this in here?, you’re feeding the wrong food. Just because they eat it and are not dying does not mean they’re getting all the nutrients they need. While they may be “okay” on a low-quality food, they can thrive on healthy, high-quality food. If you want a dog, be prepared to take care of it properly, it’s your responsibility to keep him healthy. Do your research and get the very best you can afford.

15. Barbara Ferris says:

I gave Kibbles n bits to my dog for only a few days but discovered that it was just like candy to him. He loved it but had to poop about 4-6 times a day so we know right there that it was not good. Dogs should only go 1-2 times per day. Not recommended.