Attracting more visitors.... Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Apdfranklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Attracting more visitors....

    We are always looking for new members.. If you have any ideas on how to attract new members let us know. The more members we can get to join the better off our community will be.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    while i just joined this board (thanks for making it btw!) - i run a parenting forum - so i hear ya on the new members.... the way we advertise has been really helpful to us thus far.... and the best part is that it is free!

    we have a myspace profile, and go thru and look for people that we feel may be interested in joining our forums. while it will be a little more difficult for you guys to search... since we can just look for 'parents' - it may be something you can do in your spare time... add them as friends, and send them a little note telling them about the place. don't do too many at once because then myspace can claim you are spamming and delete the account.

    also craigslist is a godsend! we put craigslist ads up all over the country ( and in other countries as well) and there are always a few bites. they may just join and not come back... but at least the word is out there.

    word of mouth, and flyers.... we had a few downloadable flyers and business cards that our members could print out and leave around their towns - this may be a good idea as well... many pet stores allow dog walkers and trainers to leave their info - so why not try that?
    "do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to fyrikaos For This Useful Post:

    Apdfranklin (07-19-2008)

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts

    Talking

    GreenDog: I know this topic is from July, but I have a suggestion(s). Don't know how hard it is to do but here goes...

    I do agree using CraigsList. I go there almost everyday looking through the "Pets" section. This one is easy. Just do a Post every so often.

    Here's one idea. You know how lots of websites have Links? Someone from here could contact various websites like Rescues/Shelters even some dog food sites (just to name a few) so that they can put this site into a Link on that particular site.

    Another idea is go to, for instance, Chicago Tails, which is a complimentary magazine for pet owners and is given out at lots of pet stores in the Chicagoland area. (I don't know if this magazine is national because I live in the Chicago area and only know this one, but the editor of the magazine could help out on that question.) In the back of the issue is a section called Resource Directory where, I believe, would be a wonderful place for this forum to be listed. It would reach a lot of people. I don't know if this would be free though as is the magazine. And, this is a great forum. I have learned so much in a short period of time!!!

    Good Luck!

    Oh my god, I forgot one... This is easy. Do a flyer that we, the members could print out and ask all the members if they would put one flyer up at each grocery store they go to. Can you imagine how many people that would reach! And, it's free.
    Last edited by ChattyCathy; 12-18-2008 at 05:12 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChattyCathy For This Useful Post:

    Apdfranklin (12-19-2008)

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Craigslist and Myspace is how I hear about a lot of forums!

  7. #5
    Senior Member Apdfranklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Thats some good information. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattyCathy View Post
    GreenDog: I know this topic is from July, but I have a suggestion(s). Don't know how hard it is to do but here goes...

    I do agree using CraigsList. I go there almost everyday looking through the "Pets" section. This one is easy. Just do a Post every so often.

    Here's one idea. You know how lots of websites have Links? Someone from here could contact various websites like Rescues/Shelters even some dog food sites (just to name a few) so that they can put this site into a Link on that particular site.

    Another idea is go to, for instance, Chicago Tails, which is a complimentary magazine for pet owners and is given out at lots of pet stores in the Chicagoland area. (I don't know if this magazine is national because I live in the Chicago area and only know this one, but the editor of the magazine could help out on that question.) In the back of the issue is a section called Resource Directory where, I believe, would be a wonderful place for this forum to be listed. It would reach a lot of people. I don't know if this would be free though as is the magazine. And, this is a great forum. I have learned so much in a short period of time!!!

    Good Luck!

    Oh my god, I forgot one... This is easy. Do a flyer that we, the members could print out and ask all the members if they would put one flyer up at each grocery store they go to. Can you imagine how many people that would reach! And, it's free.

  8. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post
    We are always looking for new members.. If you have any ideas on how to attract new members let us know. The more members we can get to join the better off our community will be.
    I stumbled upon here after reading a negative review of the stuff I feed!

    Charlie

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Also get your friends to have your site as a signature on the bottom of their emails.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big dog man View Post
    Also get your friends to have your site as a signature on the bottom of their emails.
    I like this one. Good idea!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts