Attracting more visitors.... Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Default Attracting more visitors....

We are always looking for new members.. If you have any ideas on how to attract new members let us know. The more members we can get to join the better off our community will be.

Thanks

while i just joined this board (thanks for making it btw!) - i run a parenting forum - so i hear ya on the new members.... the way we advertise has been really helpful to us thus far.... and the best part is that it is free!

we have a myspace profile, and go thru and look for people that we feel may be interested in joining our forums. while it will be a little more difficult for you guys to search... since we can just look for 'parents' - it may be something you can do in your spare time... add them as friends, and send them a little note telling them about the place. don't do too many at once because then myspace can claim you are spamming and delete the account.

also craigslist is a godsend! we put craigslist ads up all over the country ( and in other countries as well) and there are always a few bites. they may just join and not come back... but at least the word is out there.

word of mouth, and flyers.... we had a few downloadable flyers and business cards that our members could print out and leave around their towns - this may be a good idea as well... many pet stores allow dog walkers and trainers to leave their info - so why not try that?
    "do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fyrikaos For This Useful Post:

Apdfranklin (07-19-2008)

Thanks

Talking

GreenDog: I know this topic is from July, but I have a suggestion(s). Don't know how hard it is to do but here goes...

I do agree using CraigsList. I go there almost everyday looking through the "Pets" section. This one is easy. Just do a Post every so often.

Here's one idea. You know how lots of websites have Links? Someone from here could contact various websites like Rescues/Shelters even some dog food sites (just to name a few) so that they can put this site into a Link on that particular site.

Another idea is go to, for instance, Chicago Tails, which is a complimentary magazine for pet owners and is given out at lots of pet stores in the Chicagoland area. (I don't know if this magazine is national because I live in the Chicago area and only know this one, but the editor of the magazine could help out on that question.) In the back of the issue is a section called Resource Directory where, I believe, would be a wonderful place for this forum to be listed. It would reach a lot of people. I don't know if this would be free though as is the magazine. And, this is a great forum. I have learned so much in a short period of time!!!

Good Luck!

Oh my god, I forgot one... This is easy. Do a flyer that we, the members could print out and ask all the members if they would put one flyer up at each grocery store they go to. Can you imagine how many people that would reach! And, it's free.
    Last edited by ChattyCathy; 12-18-2008 at 05:12 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChattyCathy For This Useful Post:

Apdfranklin (12-19-2008)

Thanks

Craigslist and Myspace is how I hear about a lot of forums!

Thanks

Thats some good information. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattyCathy View Post
    GreenDog: I know this topic is from July, but I have a suggestion(s). Don't know how hard it is to do but here goes...

I do agree using CraigsList. I go there almost everyday looking through the "Pets" section. This one is easy. Just do a Post every so often.

Here's one idea. You know how lots of websites have Links? Someone from here could contact various websites like Rescues/Shelters even some dog food sites (just to name a few) so that they can put this site into a Link on that particular site.

Another idea is go to, for instance, Chicago Tails, which is a complimentary magazine for pet owners and is given out at lots of pet stores in the Chicagoland area. (I don't know if this magazine is national because I live in the Chicago area and only know this one, but the editor of the magazine could help out on that question.) In the back of the issue is a section called Resource Directory where, I believe, would be a wonderful place for this forum to be listed. It would reach a lot of people. I don't know if this would be free though as is the magazine. And, this is a great forum. I have learned so much in a short period of time!!!

Good Luck!

Oh my god, I forgot one... This is easy. Do a flyer that we, the members could print out and ask all the members if they would put one flyer up at each grocery store they go to. Can you imagine how many people that would reach! And, it's free.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post
    We are always looking for new members.. If you have any ideas on how to attract new members let us know. The more members we can get to join the better off our community will be.
    I stumbled upon here after reading a negative review of the stuff I feed!

Charlie

Thanks

Also get your friends to have your site as a signature on the bottom of their emails.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big dog man View Post
    Also get your friends to have your site as a signature on the bottom of their emails.
    I like this one. Good idea!

Thread Information