Books Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Books

Thanks

DefaultBooks

Hi can anyone give me a few book titles that are for raw feeding that are pretty informative? I would like to not have to feed vegetables if that's possible. Thanks

Thanks

You don't have to feed veggies. I don't.

Thanks

I don't feed veggies either. I don't know any good books, but this site is super informative The Many Myths of Raw Feeding
    I also don't think that many books would be terribly helpful since the information can potentially outdated. A lot of what I've learned, too, has been from reading the threads on this forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DogFoodChat.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Look up books by Dr. Tom Lonsdale. He has one called "Work Wonders", and he has others I just can't remember the names. You can find them on Amazon, and maybe book stores too.

Vegetables are not needed, so no need to feed them anyway. Most are hard to digest at all without being puréed first, and what little may be in them is already in raw meat/bones/organs, in a much more biologically appropriate form the dogs body can use.
    JENNY mom to
    Reba-Red Merle Australian Shepherd
    Copper-Red Merle Australian Shepherd (my heart dog)/Rodeo-Red Tri Australian Shepherd
    Aussie-Blue Merle Australian Shepherd
    Lucky-Blue Tick Hound (or some sort of hound!) ​All fed raw, the way nature intended!!
    Shadow-Black Tri Australian Shepherd
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InkedMarie View Post
    You don't have to feed veggies. I don't.
    Great! My manager has just started feeding her 70ish staffy more of a barf diet. I told her I'd rather not do that with my dogs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldGnarlHead View Post
    I don't feed veggies either. I don't know any good books, but this site is super informative The Many Myths of Raw Feeding
    I also don't think that many books would be terribly helpful since the information can potentially outdated. A lot of what I've learned, too, has been from reading the threads on this forum.
    Wow there is a whole bunch of information from that website! Pretty much everything I was looking for I believe. Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naturalfeddogs View Post
    Look up books by Dr. Tom Lonsdale. He has one called "Work Wonders", and he has others I just can't remember the names. You can find them on Amazon, and maybe book stores too.

Vegetables are not needed, so no need to feed them anyway. Most are hard to digest at all without being puréed first, and what little may be in them is already in raw meat/bones/organs, in a much more biologically appropriate form the dogs body can use.
    Thank you! I wonder if my friend is purée her dogs veggies. I haven't heard her mention that.

Thanks

Is $1.18 a pound for a whole chicken a deal or not a deal?

Thanks

No problem on that link! I love all the good info on there.

I can get my chicken for around 65-80 cents a pound around here, but 1.18 doesn't sound bad? I usually get quarters not whole chicken. Also, make sure the meat isn't enhanced, meaning the sodium content per serving is under 85 mgs. It's too hard on their kidneys to try and process all that salt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovemydogsalways View Post
    Is $1.18 a pound for a whole chicken a deal or not a deal?
    Depends on where you live. Here, in Western New York, I see whole chicken on sale anywhere between .69 - .99 per pound and Chicken Leg Quarters as low as .29 per pound. BUT this varies drastically based on your location. I also just paid $2.79 per pound for whole sirloin tip roasts and was just quoted $3.10 per pound for certified Black Angus Round Roasts in quantities of 60 pounds.
    Last edited by jenniferny; 03-18-2017 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information