My dog keeps vomiting ? Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My dog keeps vomiting ?

Thanks

Default My dog keeps vomiting ?

Hi everyone,
    I don't know what to do to help my dog, she is a 9 year old silky terrier and it started yesterday morning. She started vomiting like 5 times at least in the morning and it was leaves in the vomit i knew it was the leaves from my house plant so i thought she was just having trouble digesting that so i wasn't too worried, later that day she felt fine was energetic and ate normally. So i thought she was good. She had lamb and chicken wing that day i know i should've fed chicken but i had no time to defrost it. Then
    This morning she started vomitong again :( again every half hour or so the vomits are yellow/orange color but not foamy like bile and she also vomited some food, a piece of lamb with some bone pieces and she is not wanting to eat treats ( just like yesterday morning) i really am worried and don't know what to do? I am planning to feed skinless chicken and chicken wing today if she has appetite. She is pooping normally Any advice is very appreciated thank you

Thanks

Poisonous house plants:
    ASPCA | Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants

Blockage is a possibility. With a dog that small I'd be thinking vet. Definitely no more bone until she is back to normal.
    Last edited by BeagleCountry; 04-07-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks

I thought if it was a blockage she couldn't poo/pee?

Thanks

She can poop what is on the anal side of a blockage. She would not become dehydrated immediately. She can pee as long as there is moisture in her system.

Thanks

I see. So it's really important to take her to the vet? Right now she is sleeping, the vomiting has stopped i think she hasnt vomited in an hour. (nevermind, she just vomited again well not vomited since nothing came out but she tried to vomit :( )
    So i talked to my father about it, he said to feed chicken and rice today and if tomorrow morning she vomits again we are taking her to the vet
    Last edited by nickiklaus; 04-07-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickiklaus View Post
    I see. So it's really important to take her to the vet? Right now she is sleeping, the vomiting has stopped i think she hasnt vomited in an hour. (nevermind, she just vomited again well not vomited since nothing came out but she tried to vomit :( )
    So i talked to my father about it, he said to feed chicken and rice today and if tomorrow morning she vomits again we are taking her to the vet
    Keep an eye on her, wit tiny dogs like her you have to be more careful, a toy dog can dehydrate very fast even in a few hours.

Months ago when my toy poodle had coccidia, he showed the first symptoms at night he was vomiting and had bloody diarrhea, were I live (Honduras) the vets aren't open the 24 hours (not even for emergencies) ,and my boy was dehydrating very fast so I took a syringe (witout the needle) and filled it wit gatoraid mixed wit a bit of water and gave him into his mouth I did this like 4 times, this helped him to hold until the vet was open in the next morning and the vet put him an I.V.

Thanks

How can i tell if shes dehydrated? She is drinking water

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickiklaus View Post
    How can i tell if shes dehydrated? She is drinking water
    If she continues vomiting over and over again, then she has a risk of getting dehydrate since the body is not able to hold the water.

See this links wit more info on the subjet Dehydrated Dog Symptoms and Remedies - VetInfo

http://www.vetinfo.com/symptoms-canine-dehydration.html

Thanks

so she just pooped diarrhea but it was like dark blood jelly :( but she seems better, she is running around playing ect
    and i know why she vomited this morning, yesterday she ate puppy pee pads (she has never done this before) and i thought she just tore it up but apprently she ate some because i looked at her vomit and there were pieces of it in there
    Yes so the pee pad is definitely what caused this i think because she was cured from the leaves she ate yesterday ( i do not know why she keeps eating weird things she has NEVER done this before) and the pee pad is what she is suffering from now..i really really hope it is not a blockage and she got it out with the vomit and diarrhea... we will see at the vet tomorrow i guess...
    Last edited by nickiklaus; 04-08-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks

I agree that you should get to the vet. Many dogs won't act lethargic when they aren't feeling well and unfortunately it can make us, the owners, feel better as though nothing is wrong. If your dog is exhibiting behavior of eating things that she didn't eat it the past, she might be doing it to make herself vomit (the way dogs will eat grass to vomit). With multi-colored vomit and dark red jelly-like stool, I'd be on the way to the vet ASAP.

My mother's dog had the dark red jelly-like stool and it turned out to be acute pancreatitis. He's a 70# adult. You have a small dog, I think you need to look into getting to the vet sooner, rather than later, if you haven't already.

Please keep us up-to-date on her condition. I hope it's just an upset stomach!

Thread Information