Curious about Blue Ridge Beef's Natural Mix Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Curious about Blue Ridge Beef's Natural Mix

Thanks

Default Curious about Blue Ridge Beef's Natural Mix

So I have a friend with a Dane who feeds raw. She follows the PMR "plan", but instead of buying the actual organs, feeds Blue Ridge Beef's natural mix, Blue Ridge Beef: Raw Meat for Dogs - Cats

I haven't asked her exactly which organs are in it, and it doesn't say on the website. Does anyone else do this? I know I won't be doing organs for awhile, but I'm just curious as to what others think.

Thanks

I hope this is ok....PLEASE let me know if it is not...but here is a thead from a different forum....this SHOULD be read about this company!!!

Another product for those wanting to give raw a try
    ^IMO/IME
    Im Abi
    Pups: Rhett and Caoimhe("Keeva"), '11 Border Collies, Leo, '07 Border Collie, Brody, '10 Pug/x and Miss Dixi, '08 Mini Dachshund.
    Kitties: Ladi Ducki, 1 year old Turkish Van Cat, Princes Pidgin, 2 year old Snowshoe/Calico cat.
    All raw fed and LOVING it, because no living being is made to live off of processed foods.

PMRaw~~“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett_O' View Post
    I hope this is ok....PLEASE let me know if it is not...but here is a thead from a different forum....this SHOULD be read about this company!!!

Another product for those wanting to give raw a try
    Huh, interesting. Everything else I've read about them has been great! I have a breeder friend that feeds all Blue Ridge Beef products to her dogs and they do great.. but who knows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
    Huh, interesting. Everything else I've read about them has been great! I have a breeder friend that feeds all Blue Ridge Beef products to her dogs and they do great.. but who knows.
    Sorry but a company with NO customer service and that wasnt willing to share with me their mix would be off my list faster then I could read their email!!

EDIT TO ADD:

This is the ORIGINAL email sent to a member of another forum by this company(for anyone who wasnt able to/doesnt want to go to the other forum!) She forwarded me the email including the spread sheet, the email was EXACTLY as she stated(as seen below)...and the spread sheet was a single page with pretty much NO info on it whats so ever, just the names of proteins that where in their different grinds!! (NOTHING different then what is seen on their website)

This is what she first said: "I did just send off an email to the company asking them if they could supply me with the percentage information,so I will see what they say. "

"Here is the original email in the exact form I received it. What type of business sends an email like this:

"Hi Patricia
    i am sorry
    that is a propriety mix owned by BRB
    please see attachments
    thank you
    Steve""

I think that is a bunch of B***S*** and I would thus NEVER feed this brand/product to my pets!!
    Last edited by Scarlett_O'; 08-19-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    magicre likes this.
    ^IMO/IME
    Im Abi
    Pups: Rhett and Caoimhe("Keeva"), '11 Border Collies, Leo, '07 Border Collie, Brody, '10 Pug/x and Miss Dixi, '08 Mini Dachshund.
    Kitties: Ladi Ducki, 1 year old Turkish Van Cat, Princes Pidgin, 2 year old Snowshoe/Calico cat.
    All raw fed and LOVING it, because no living being is made to live off of processed foods.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,376 Posts

one thing about me as a raw feeder and a human who eats food....i have a right to know what my dogs eat and what i eat.

if a company isn't willing to disclose, as abi says, they would be off my list.

what are they hiding?
    monkeys23 and Scarlett_O' like this.

Thanks

Well now I'm curious, so I emailed BRB and asked exactly what was in the Natural Mix.. we'll see what they say!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
    Well now I'm curious, so I emailed BRB and asked exactly what was in the Natural Mix.. we'll see what they say!
    We shall see...maybe the other forum's member just got a person on a bad day!LOL
    ^IMO/IME
    Im Abi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett_O' View Post
    We shall see...maybe the other forum's member just got a person on a bad day!LOL
    LOL let's hope so! I emailed their NC contact.. if they send me back a similar email I'll be shocked!

Thanks

I bought the natural mix, I am curious as to the percentages but reading everyones comments here I probably wont buy from them again.
    Scarlett_O' likes this.
     photo 9680a303-1f02-4685-96d2-4abf87dce61d_zps7a9c2739.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lauren43 View Post
    I bought the natural mix, I am curious as to the percentages but reading everyones comments here I probably wont buy from them again.
    I'll definitely post what they say if they respond. I'm assuming since it's the weekend that I won't hear anything til at least Monday.

Thread Information