Diatomaceous earth for tapeworm Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By KittyKat
  • 3 Post By Nana52

Thread: Diatomaceous earth for tapeworm

Thanks

Default Diatomaceous earth for tapeworm

I try to treat/prevent things by natural means when possible. To that end, I've been giving Kacy 1 tsp of DE every day in an effort to rid him of tapeworm(s). It's been 3 weeks now, and there are still worm bits exiting his rear every day, not as many as in the beginning, but still. I do know that "natural" remedies are usually not as quick as commercial chemicals, but I was wondering if anyone might have experience treating tapeworms with DE, and if so, it is normal/usual for it to take this long? It's getting a bit tedious picking those things off every day, and he's not loving it so much either. Maybe he actually had more than 1 (?) and it's just taking longer than I had hoped?

Nothing to do with what I just said, but I'm oh so tired of that Science Diet ad at the top of the page that pops open every time cursor passes over!!!! Okay, I feel better now that I got that off my chest (sort of).

Donna

Thanks

30 to 45 days for tape worms I think
    Feeding rates
    Dogs under 35 lbs. - 1 teaspoon
    Dogs over 35 lbs. - 1 tablespoon
    Dogs over 100 lbs. - 2 tablespoons
    Liz and Nana52 like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
    30 to 45 days for tape worms I think
    Feeding rates
    Dogs under 35 lbs. - 1 teaspoon
    Dogs over 35 lbs. - 1 tablespoon
    Dogs over 100 lbs. - 2 tablespoons
    He's about 16 lbs, and I've been giving him 1 tsp. I guess I just gotta be patient and keep picking the worm bits out of the long hair on his rear (he really takes exception to that, has butt issues, but he'll just have to get over it). Thanks

Thanks

Tapeworms come from fleas. It is doubtful there is just one tapeworm. They also break into segments.

Use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser to avoid ads. Install the AdBlock add-on. AdBlock will eliminate most of the ads on this and other sites. Keep in mind that the ads pay for the server we are using. I periodically click on the petflow.com link which remains visible as it may generate some money for the site owners.

Thanks

Well, it took almost 4 weeks, but not a single worm "segment" on the booty for the past 3 days. Ding dong, the wicked tapeworm(s) is dead!! I'm doing all that I can "non chemically" to keep fleas away but still see 1 every now and again. I'm going to give a "maintenance" of DE 2-3 days a week to hopefully keep any new critters from taking hold. Good luck to me
    Liz, creek817 and Ziggersmom like this.

Thread Information