How often do you wash? Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default How often do you wash?

How often do you wash your dogs bedding, crates, toys, and most important their dog dishes?
    I was told by a friend that she didn't want to give pumpkin to her dog, because she fed kibble and would have to wash the dish every day. I said,"You don't?"
    I Love my dogs, they keep me focused!!
    ~Donna~

Thanks

oz has two bowls one for kibble and one for canned (he drinks water from a giant rabbit bottle). the kibble one gets emptied of anything left over every morning and washed out (hot water & soap). and the canned bowl gets washed after every meal (so for oz that's twice a day). his bedding gets washed once a week. his rubber toys that seem to get lint and hair clinging on them regularly get washed at least every other day. anything hard plastic gets rinsed in hot water maybe twice a week. i don't wash his rope toys. they don't get really dirty and if they do i just chuck them and get him new ones...yeah...he's that spoiled. plush toys get washed twice a month. they don't get that dirty either.

oz however gets a bath usually once a week...now that the weather is cooler and he's less inclined to go running through water or wet grass and the like i'm going to try and wait two weeks.

Thanks

I wash food and water bowls daily- at least (I have a St. Bernard!). I know a dogs teeth are important in their overall health and figure keeping the bowls clean keeps their mouths cleaner. I wash dog bedding and stuffed toys once a week. I bath my St. Bernard just about every week (he's gross), pit bull every 2-3 weeks and the old husky maybe once a month- pretty much to just get the dust off of him :)

Thanks

My dogs get their raw food handed to them outside, so no bowl cleaning for them! My cat on the other hand, gets her raw in her bowl (stainless steel) and it gets washed after every meal. I clean out their water bowls about twice a week (they have one of those ones with the 3 gallon jug attached to it for constant water supply).

Beds get washed every couple of weeks, dogs don't get washed very often because they don't get very dirty. If they're dusty, I use my Earthbath pet wipes to wipe them down.

On a side note, my little dog just laid down at my feet and rolled over for a belly rub, cutest dog ever!
    An ounce of nutrition is worth a pound of vet bills.

Thanks

My JRT Baby gets a bath when she smells, (hopefully with Raw she won't need as many) About every 2 weeks. My GSD hasn't had a bath for I don't really know, a year? But I use daily grooming spray every time I brush which is about every 2 days. He always smell nice, and loves the grooming.
    Their blankets get washed about twice a week, and I also try to vacuum every other day. (Must vacuum tomorrow, it is day 3)
    I wash their bowls, water and food bowls after the afternoon feeding. Everyday.
    ~Donna~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rexandbaby View Post
    How often do you wash your dogs bedding, crates, toys, and most important their dog dishes?
    Bedding gets washed when it begins to smell which is maybe ever 6 months or so, maybe longer. I don't really keep up with it. Don't use crates. Never wash toys. I feed my dogs maybe twice a week in bowls. The bowls get washed maybe once a month. The dogs do a pretty good job of cleaning them themselves. :)

Abby hasn't had a bath in almost 5 years and 3 1/2 year old Thor has never had a bath in his life. They get weekly brushings with a curry brush.
    Bill

Feeding raw since 2002

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
    Dr. Tom Lonsdale

Thanks

It sounds like we should all say,"GO RAW!"
    ~Donna~

Thanks

Haha, my dog used to get a bath every six months when she was on kibble just because I felt like maybe she needed one even though she wasnt particularly smelly or anything. Now that I've switched to raw the only reason I had to bathe all my dogs 5 times in one week is because they killed a skunk in my backyard and the stench was horrendous! And of course, every time I'd let them outside to play or go potty, they'd go roll in the spot where the skunk had been killed and be smelly again.
    Barring another skunk invasion, I really only wash my dogs to make sure they're staying clean. My roommate's poor dog is white and our backyard is dirt, so you can really tell if his coat isn't clean, she was washing the poor guy at least once a week if not more. I finally introduced her to the wonder of bathwipes because I was afraid she was going to mess with the oil balance of his skin and make him either super dry or super oily.
    An ounce of nutrition is worth a pound of vet bills.

Thanks

I wash both of my dogs weekly (I live in a giant dust bowl so it's kind of a necessity), when I am watching dogs I watch toys daily, when it's just my two I wash them 2-3 times a week (most of my toys can go in the dishwasher so it isn't difficult), I don't have stuffed toys as they don't last with my dogs, I wash food bowls daily and throw the water bowl into the dishwasher probably 2-3 times a week. Bedding I wash weekly as it seems pointless to give a bath and not wash the bedding. The crates I don't wash, it's metal with a plastic bottom insert, I spray them down with Lysol and let airdry maybe once a month. If I use one of my crates for a guest dog I spray it down with Lysol after they leave.

Thanks

My dogs usualy get washed about once a week. I live in the country and have 3 Danes 1 Lab and one Boston. Sometimes I need to do a little spot washing. Depending if the dogs decide to run threw the cow field. There toys get washed when they need it. Usually evry other week. They have a large toy basket full of assorted toys in the living room. With so many dogs they get played with often. The dog beds get washed weekly since they lay next to our beds. There out door beds are large boxes filled with shavings. They get cleaned and filled about once a month. Bowls get rinsed daily and washed about once a week. They get kibble mixed with can.

Thread Information