My dog wet the bed last night... Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My dog wet the bed last night...

Thanks

Default My dog wet the bed last night...

So..last night I woke up at 1:30 am because I felt a wet spot under my hand. Millie was curled in a ball sound asleep but she had clearly wet the bed while sleeping! I had to change sheets etc. in the middle of the night. This concerns me. She just turned 8 months old, hasn't had a single accident in at least a month yet peed in her sleep without even knowing...

Does anyone know what this could be? Is this at all normal?

Perhaps it was my fault? I let Millie out to potty around 9:30 pm. Then she DID drink almost a whole bowl of water (oops!) and I was so tired that I fell asleep at 11:30 and I forgot to let her out right before bed.

On the one hand, she did drink lots of water and I did forget to let her out. On the other hand, she is 8 months old and I know for certain that Henry could drink an entire bowl of water and still never, ever have an accident.

I have also considered spay incontinence since she was spayed at 5 months, but I highly doubt it because she has always had strange potty accidents even before she was spayed. For example, during the summer she would often have an accident if she had been swimming earlier in the day. There have also been other times before she was spayed that she would wet my bed/her crate while sleeping.

Sorry for the long post. I'd love some advice!

Thanks

Boy, I've not heard of this, but have you discussed this with your vet at all? This could be a problem that could be fixed, but I would definitely let your vet know about it. Good Luck!

Thanks

No chance it could be a urinary track infection?

Thanks

When I first got my Dane he would leak urine in his sleep. It wasnt a ton, like he had actually peed, just some. He also would take a really long time to Pee when he went outside. He ended up being diagnosed with a UTI, and once he was treated it was fine. Your girl might have a UTI, or something else that causes inconvenience. But either way, there are drugs that can probably help.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 Times in 2,676 Posts

How old is Millie?

Natalie
    Feeding raw since 2008

Proper Carnivore Nutrition - Prey Model Raw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danemama08 View Post
    How old is Millie?
    She will be 8 months on Tuesday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MollyWoppy View Post
    No chance it could be a urinary track infection?
    I somewhat doubt it is a UTI because she has been holding her pee just fine today and yesterday. The bed wetting incident happened Friday night. But, I also kind of hope it is a UTI because that is at least fixable and not serious! Some other people have suggested that it could be JRD, UTI or spay incontenence. Who knows.... I just hope she doesn't have to have a lifetime of pills or anything!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 Times in 2,676 Posts

Well, Akasha was a bit incontinent when she was a 4-9 months old. She eventually grew out of it. Personally I would just keep track of it and go from there....

Natalie
    Feeding raw since 2008

Proper Carnivore Nutrition - Prey Model Raw

Thanks

Is she exceptionally thirsty? You said she drank a whole bowl of water. When we first got our yellow lab from a family who wanted to get rid of her due to allergies with their kids (I question this well anyway) she had a urinary track infection a really bad one. I noticed she drank a lot of water and well she was so bad when we had just gotten her she started to bleed and its was certainly not related to being in heat. She was 5 months old and not old enough yet.. She had such a bad UTI. But that was I know from the people who had her they just didn't take her to the vet for anything ~nostarting puppy shots~ nothing at all! Well anyway I did like I said notice she drank a lot of water the evening we got her and then the next morning and it only took having her a day and she was at the vet for this problem. I would keep an eye on what she drinks the amount and see if she has any more episodes and take her into the vet just for your own reassurance that she's not having any problems.
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
    People may forget what you said, and people may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel......
    Growing old is Mandatory~Growing Up Optional!:Lucky, Gordon, Sandi, Roxi!!!

Thanks

Yeah, a whole bowl of water at once? I'd be worried if one of my dogs did that and I live in a desert climate. Is drinking a whole bowl of water common? Sorry, I don't know what you are feeding your dogs from memory, can you describe their basic diet?

Thread Information