Dogs eating bugs Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dogs eating bugs

Thanks

Default Dogs eating bugs

Eevee likes to play with and eat bugs.. Which is great for me, because she's like my little exterminator. I just see it as her getting a little extra protein, haha!
    Do your dogs eat bugs?

Are there any certain types of bugs that I should keep her away from, or are there any that would be dangerous for her to eat?
    Eevee - Carolina Dog
    Est. DOB 07/25/2011
    Adopted 12/28/2011
    Raw fed 12/29/2011

Liz
    Thanks

I hate letting my dogs near bees or spiders - everytime they have gotten bit by one they swelled like balloons. Hate that.
    Scarlett_O' likes this.
    Liz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I hate letting my dogs near bees or spiders - everytime they have gotten bit by one they swelled like balloons. Hate that.
    Oh, I definitely wouldnt let her near bees. But Im sure one day she'll get to one before I have the chance to react, and she'll (hopefully) learn her lesson with a swollen face and sore mouth.
    She's eaten a couple spiders here and there though. No bites so far, thankfully! What do you do when their faces start swelling?
    Eevee - Carolina Dog
    Est. DOB 07/25/2011
    Adopted 12/28/2011
    Raw fed 12/29/2011

Liz
    Thanks

Ick - like I said I hate that. I run to my child's Beneadryl because it usually works really fast and dose every four hours and apply cool compresses with cool water and witch hazel. Works like a charm. When a collie face bloats it is horrible.
    Liz

Thanks

Ack, I can only imagine! Eevee's face would probably bloat just as bad.
    I'm going to write down your advice, just in case! I know one day she'll be too quick for me to stop her.
    Eevee - Carolina Dog
    Est. DOB 07/25/2011
    Adopted 12/28/2011
    Raw fed 12/29/2011

Thanks

Layla LOVES these horrible hard brown beatles. They are attracted to the porch lights at night, and they used to get into the house pre-Layla. When she hears one she gets really excited and when she can reach them she grabs them up and crunches them up like popcorn haha!
    Liz and liquid like this.
    LOVE is a four legged word
    Mom to Ari BCX Rescue, Kai ACDX
    , Layla Rescue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peV9MMLfg0I

Liz
    Thanks

She always reminds me of my co-owned sable smooth girl. Yes, she will look like a bull terrier (no offense to bull terriers) just like mine do. At least it is generally an easy fix.
    xchairity_casex and liquid like this.
    Liz

Kat
    Thanks

Yeah my cat got bitten by a spider before, not a pretty site. Her whole chin was really big and swollen. Oddly enough, Ruby has not really shown an interest in spiders, shes come across them before but just looks at them and walks away and then I kill them lol.

I usually try to keep on top of making sure there are no bugs in the apartment. Right now, since I live by the lake, there are tons of little gnat swarms EVERWHERE! And they are so tiny they can make it through the screens and they go around the window in the living room (its floor to ceiling windows) and Ruby sometimes starts licking them up. But I quickly shoo her away and wipe them up with a damp towel. Stupid bugs -.-
    Liz and liquid like this.

PitaPata Dog tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Yeah my cat got bitten by a spider before, not a pretty site. Her whole chin was really big and swollen. Oddly enough, Ruby has not really shown an interest in spiders, shes come across them before but just looks at them and walks away and then I kill them lol.

I usually try to keep on top of making sure there are no bugs in the apartment. Right now, since I live by the lake, there are tons of little gnat swarms EVERWHERE! And they are so tiny they can make it through the screens and they go around the window in the living room (its floor to ceiling windows) and Ruby sometimes starts licking them up. But I quickly shoo her away and wipe them up with a damp towel. Stupid bugs -.-
    While I was apartment hunting I found the cutest place by the lake. After visiting a few times and seeing the bugs and gnats, though, I decided to turn it down and find somewhere else to go, lol! I cant stand bugs, and I try to keep the apartment bug-free too. It drives me crazy thinking there might be bugs in the house! And now that I have Eevee I cant use any bug sprays or anything to kill them.
    Liz likes this.
    Eevee - Carolina Dog
    Est. DOB 07/25/2011
    Adopted 12/28/2011
    Raw fed 12/29/2011

Thanks

My sisters toy poodle Kira would go nuts eating earwigs and flys if she heard the fly swatter she would run into the room and searxh the floor for the dead fly or earwig. it was so gross
    Liz likes this.
    " We all just need to LIVE and be CONTENTED while we can..."

Thread Information