Simply Nourish Dog Food Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Simply Nourish Dog Food

Thanks

Default Simply Nourish Dog Food

I just saw a new brand of food at Petsmart, called Simply Nourish and I was hoping you could provide some information and a review about the brand.

Thank you very much!

Thanks

INGREDIENTS:

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Brown Rice Flour, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Sweet Potato, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Blueberries, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-ascorbyl-polyphosphate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferric Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Choline Chloride.

Not bad, it just looks like a million of other grain inclusive brands out there, nothing particularly special about it, but I'm glad petsmart is expanding their natural line, so hopefully more people will be inclined to switch from pedigree or some other crud.

Thanks

I used to feed my service dog blue buffalo, but he doesnt like the LifeSource bits and leaves them all over the floor, so I wanted to find something to switch to a brand that he wouldnt leave half of all over the floor, so I was wondering how you would say this brand stacks up against blue buffalo?

I too am glad to see them expand their natural line and was really happy to hear that Petco now only carries all natural dog food, unless I misunderstood what I heard, but I have my own small business making homemade dog treats and I tell everybody I meet that an excellent diet is the cheapest and best form of veterinary care.

Thanks

It looks like an average food (a bit grain heavy), not bad, but not stellar either. However, I'm also glad to see Petsmart expand it's natural line and it seems very similar to grain inclusive Blue Buffalo.

Petco still carries plenty of brands filled with artificial preservatives and dyes. I doubt that will ever stop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    It looks like an average food (a bit grain heavy), not bad, but not stellar either. However, I'm also glad to see Petsmart expand it's natural line and it seems very similar to grain inclusive Blue Buffalo.

Petco still carries plenty of brands filled with artificial preservatives and dyes. I doubt that will ever stop.
    Yep my thought exactly! There are better out there, but Im glad to see that PS has added another natural line!
    Huginn likes this.
    ^IMO/IME
    Im Abi
    Pups: Rhett and Caoimhe("Keeva"), '11 Border Collies, Leo, '07 Border Collie, Brody, '10 Pug/x and Miss Dixi, '08 Mini Dachshund.
    Kitties: Ladi Ducki, 1 year old Turkish Van Cat, Princes Pidgin, 2 year old Snowshoe/Calico cat.
    All raw fed and LOVING it, because no living being is made to live off of processed foods.

PMRaw~~“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I just saw a new brand of food at Petsmart, called Simply Nourish and I was hoping you could provide some information and a review about the brand.

Thank you very much!
    You didn't specify whether you were asking about their dry or canned food. The reply you got previously from Unosmom was right on the money for their dry food. What's interesting is that Simply Nourish's canned food is significantly better in quality and contains no grains. The protein content is quite high. I use this as one of the canned foods that I mix into my Cairn Terrier's meals and am very happy with it.

Thanks

Brands comparable to Blue (without the bits):

Merrick, Wellness, Pinnacle, Solid Gold, Holistic Selects, Innova. These are all usually found in the big-box stores.
    Nourish looks good too, comparable to Blue. The only exception is I'd rather see an animal-based fat instead of Canola Oil, I believe most of Merrick's formulas use chicken/beef/pork fat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I used to feed my service dog blue buffalo, but he doesnt like the LifeSource bits and leaves them all over the floor, so I wanted to find something to switch to a brand that he wouldnt leave half of all over the floor?
    Ha! I got a sample of that once and my dogs also left those LifeSource bits all over the floor. Even the big dogs could find all those tiny bits and spit them out! I have no idea what is in them, but dogs sure hate them!

Thanks

I believe the bits, are supposed to be veggies/fruits, cold pressed to preserve the vitamins and antioxidants, while they make a good selling point, dogs probably don't get much out of them anyways (seeing they are carnivores). That's probably why they tend not to like them either, no MEAT in those tiny bits, it's all in the regular kibble. IMO they should add something like liver to the bits.

Thanks

I don't mean to be argumentative but what exactly is 'natural' about this kibble? When saying Petco is expanding their natural line.

It looks grain heavy and to me, grains aren't natural!
    nupe likes this.
    Josie, IG, born 2009, adopted July 16, 2012
    Tess, IG, born April 2, 2011
    Bishop, Sheltie, born June 25, 2010
    Benny, DSH, born ~2000
    Cola, DLH, born October 2012

All raw fed except picky cat Benny ;-)

Thread Information