New Orijen Formula Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Orijen Formula

Banned
    Thanks

Default New Orijen Formula

"I hope Champion PetFoods takes serious action regarding the stream of negative reactions taking place as a possible result of their new formula. I considered switching my dog over to Orijen until I read all of the negative reviews (from other sites too). I mean coincidental vomiting, loose stool, organ failure, and loss of appetite?? Iím not paying that price for this food unless some of these issues are addressed. I wish they still had the old formula. I see hardly anything but fabulous reviews for the old formula"

From another website.

Thanks

Not every food works with every dog!

I feed raw but use Orijen kibbles as training treats. Yes, the new formula.

The ingredients are still much better than the stuff you promote.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caty M For This Useful Post:

Serendipity (02-16-2011)

Thanks

i havent had any problems on the new orijen formula. the changes are fairly subtle, but some dogs are sensitive even to subtle changes.

if there is something in champion pet foods causing organ failure, im sure sure we will all hear about it very soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to buddy97 For This Useful Post:

Serendipity (02-16-2011)

Thanks

the problem you have w/ the internet(and yes, I realize I'm on it now ;) is this.... ANYONE can claim anything they want. There is no judge or jury to decipher what is being hurled around.

I just googled "how many dogs in the U.S."

Guess what the number is? 77 million. If 1/10th of a percent of those dogs got sick this afternoon, that is 70,000 sick Dogs.

Now, 70k Dog owners complaining online about their sick pups would cause one helluva fervor around the country, I can assure you. You'd probably say it was a pretty widespread epidemic. But if I told you your Dog had 1 in 1,000 of a chance to be one of the unlucky dogs, you probably wouldn't worry so much.

The internet is great but I do think it causes issues.
    wags and DoglovingSenior like this.
    If there are no Dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kevin bradley For This Useful Post:

baggie (02-17-2011), DaneMama (02-17-2011), DoglovingSenior (07-16-2011), magicre (07-19-2011), RawFedDogs (02-16-2011), schtuffy (03-02-2011), Serendipity (02-16-2011), wags (07-20-2011), ziggy29 (03-02-2011)

Thanks

A great thing to do is go out and talk to your mom and pop store you buy the food at. Talk to people personally and get their honest opinions on the matter at hand. Or at any place you can chat about dog foods! And actually try it yourself so you can get the actual first hand experience with the new food. You may be surprised and find that it actually does work for your pup! Some people dont include what else they are giving their dogs and that it coulod be another problem that is causing their dogs to get sick. They jump at oh its that brand of dog food or this brand of dog food and they dont say but I was also feeding my dog cooked chicken and the cooked bones (which is a big no~no)at the time(I'm just saying this as a maybe you know just saying!!! not menaing its true) so I say dont trust everything you read! Not everyone goes into deatils about the little things they also give and do with their pups! Champion is not going to go and resort to lesser than great foods. They have a good repution and want to keep it.
    DoglovingSenior likes this.
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
    People may forget what you said, and people may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel......
    Growing old is Mandatory~Growing Up Optional!:Lucky, Gordon, Sandi, Roxi!!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wags For This Useful Post:

DaneMama (02-17-2011), MollyWoppy (02-16-2011), RawFedDogs (02-16-2011), schtuffy (03-02-2011), stajbs (02-16-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wags View Post
    A great thing to do is go out and talk to your mom and pop store you buy the food at. Talk to people personally and get their honest opinions on the matter at hand.
    Some are dishonest when it comes to making a sale or not, but there are so many honest small shops out there- this is great advice.

As a raw feeder, I don't have first hand experience with new kibbles as they come out.... but I do have feedback from all of my customers on what's working for their pets, and I'm always more than happy to relay that information onto people who ask or need advice. Though it's not my own solitary experience, I do hold the feedback of many.
    --Linsey--
    RAW feeding my CARNIVORES since 2009

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CorgiPaws For This Useful Post:

wags (02-17-2011)

Thanks

What's the website that you are quoting? You mentioned before that there were problems with Orijen/Champion/Canadian foods, and you haven't seemed to have explained how you came to those conclusions...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarDog For This Useful Post:

Serendipity (02-16-2011), stajbs (02-16-2011)

Thanks

I love how you quote that, and just say from another website, what site??! Also the changes made to Orijen are pretty subtle. I'm having a hard time believing that someone will go from feeding the old Orijen formula, to this, and have organ failures.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PUNKem733 For This Useful Post:

Serendipity (02-16-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 1,075 Posts

That post came from Dogfoodadvisor.com Orijen Dog Food New Recipe Update It was a post made by a user named Shannon on Feb 14, 2011.

This is no more authoritative than someone making a post on Dogfoodchat.
    Bill

Feeding raw since 2002

http://www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
    Dr. Tom Lonsdale

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RawFedDogs For This Useful Post:

DarDog (02-16-2011), DoglovingSenior (07-16-2011), Serendipity (02-16-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RawFedDogs View Post
    That post came from Dogfoodadvisor.com Orijen Dog Food New Recipe Update It was a post made by a user named Shannon on Feb 14, 2011.

This is no more authoritative than someone making a post on Dogfoodchat.
    There is a whole thread on the topic. This is not the only post. I heard this from several sources. It actually doesn't surprise me.

Thread Information