Warning....Target Boots and Barkley Dog Food Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Warning....Target Boots and Barkley Dog Food

Thanks

Default Warning....Target Boots and Barkley Dog Food

Target has their own brand of dry dog food, Boots and Barkley. After several customer and I thoroughly checked the packages we could not find where the dog food was made. We checked several different varieties and it was not listed.

I called Target at 1-800-316-6151 and they refused to answer in what country the dog food was produced. They said that it is their policy to not reveal their sources. I explained to them that I was not asking them to reveal a source, but simply what country the dog food was made in. They refused to answer.

Shouldn't that be listed on the product...it was on every single bag of food except for their brand. What are they hiding?

What does that say about Target? I will no longer buy any pet products at all from them.
    Last edited by Karen; 10-26-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen For This Useful Post:

schtuffy (04-27-2011)

Thanks

this food is absolutely horrible from an ingredient perspective.

It could be produced at the pearly gates of heaven and still be awful.

I couldn't imagine many on this site feeding this garbage, but if they are...good information.
    wags, BrownieM and CavePaws like this.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevin bradley For This Useful Post:

BrownieM (04-23-2011), jdatwood (10-27-2010), Karen (10-26-2010)

Thanks

Oh my gosh, I shop at Target aka "TarJay" all the time and I tell you I have looked at their dog toys and such but I did not know they had their own dog food brand! WOW! I cannot believe they won't say where the brand is from/made. Thats pretty bad! If they have nothing to hide then I wonder why they are not telling! I am now so curious I want to check this out!
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
    People may forget what you said, and people may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel......
    Growing old is Mandatory~Growing Up Optional!:Lucky, Gordon, Sandi, Roxi!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wags For This Useful Post:

Karen (10-26-2010)

Thanks

I wonder if this is Target's attempt to compete with Walmart's Ol' Roy. It certainly comes at the expense of all those pets whose owners are uninformed and driven solely by the almighty dollar. What a shame!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolatelabguy For This Useful Post:

Karen (10-26-2010), Northwoods10 (04-28-2011)

Thanks

I have tried to look up the ingredients to no avail. Says made in the USA or Imported! Well then I assume from this some stuff is made here like maybe the manufacturing but heck are they outsourcing from China, Beirut, the Philippines what the heck Imported from where!!!!????? Ok it must be really bad then when you can't find out the ingredients or the manufacture! Bah Humbug!
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
    People may forget what you said, and people may forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel......

Thanks

Wags,

I just looked at the stuff the other day at my local Target.

Think Pedigree or Beneful...maybe even a bit worse and you'll be pretty close.

Its bad. Real bad.

Thanks

At one point I could go into "Tarjay" & get US-made doggie treats. They were always in stock at a much more reasonable price than the Petco right next door.However, within the past 6 months or so every time I've gone in when I read the labels, the stuff all says Made in China. So I've stopped buying doggie treats there.

Same thing with Publix. They carry 2 brands "bull wrinkles": their own "private label" is made in China, while the other (I think it's "Uncle Sam's) is made in the US. Guess which one I choose?

Meanwhile, Publix head office is about 1/2 hour from here in Lakeland, FL. I think I just might "drop them a line" about their inappropriate choices.

=SubMariner=
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Mia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatelabguy View Post
    I wonder if this is Target's attempt to compete with Walmart's Ol' Roy. It certainly comes at the expense of all those pets whose owners are uninformed and driven solely by the almighty dollar. What a shame!
    Please don't say that word Ol' Roy, Do you know how many people walk out of the store with that crap?!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin bradley View Post
    Wags,

I just looked at the stuff the other day at my local Target.

Think Pedigree or Beneful...maybe even a bit worse and you'll be pretty close.

Its bad. Real bad.
    I actually feel goofy that I never knew about their dog food. I wonder how long they have had their own brand of dog food ~anyway ~I need to within the next couple days take a run up to "TarJay" I am def. going to check the lable on this brand to see the ingredients. I can't find the ingredients list anywhere on the Internet! If their worse than Beneful or Pedigree MY GOD! What the heck's with Target! They are affiliated with Fields or it use to be Fields out here I know now Macys! Disgusting I say!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rye&Ted View Post
    Please don't say that word Ol' Roy, Do you know how many people walk out of the store with that crap?!!!
    On the contrary, the more we say it, perhaps the more we'll see people realizing that it's crap and won't buy it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy29 For This Useful Post:

chocolatelabguy (10-27-2010)

Thread Information