Warning....Target Boots and Barkley Dog Food - Page 2 Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Warning....Target Boots and Barkley Dog Food

Thanks

Tarjay..lol, its funny when Oprah says it, thank god she doesent feed her dog Boots and Barkley..lol. With all the celeb foods popping up, maybe she should come out with a healthy line for a change (unlike rachel ray or chef michael), I predict that 80% of american population(mostly led my middle aged women) would rush to the stores to buy her food.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
    On the contrary, the more we say it, perhaps the more we'll see people realizing that it's crap and won't buy it.
    I'm pretty sure that most of us who visit this forum would never feed the Walmart product or the Target product that is being discussed here. What I have found incredibly frustrating in trying to convince the few people that I know that insist on feeding this rubbish to their pets is how incredibly lousy these products are. They say that their dogs are "doing just fine" on these foods, and since the price point is favorable to them, they see no reason to switch, and don't seem to want to be bothered by any sense of logic or morality. I truly wish there were a way to prevent Walmart and Target from selling this stuff and calling it food - and even promoting the product as healthful and essential! It's a shameful practice, and is the primary reason why my wife and I have boycotted Walmart for going on six years now. Perhaps it's time to add Target to our list. It makes me angry and sad.
    DDBsR4Me likes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatelabguy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most of us who visit this forum would never feed the Walmart product or the Target product that is being discussed here. What I have found incredibly frustrating in trying to convince the few people that I know that insist on feeding this rubbish to their pets is how incredibly lousy these products are. They say that their dogs are "doing just fine" on these foods, and since the price point is favorable to them, they see no reason to switch, and don't seem to want to be bothered by any sense of logic or morality. I truly wish there were a way to prevent Walmart and Target from selling this stuff and calling it food - and even promoting the product as healthful and essential! It's a shameful practice, and is the primary reason why my wife and I have boycotted Walmart for going on six years now. Perhaps it's time to add Target to our list. It makes me angry and sad.
    why, whatever do you mean, Choc? Its just good ole free market capitalism!

I love the "my Dog is doing fine on...." As if you have some internal diagnostic tool that confirms your assertion. For pete's sake, even McDonalds and Cigarrettes won't kill you immediately.

Not a whole lot you can do w/ some people.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin bradley For This Useful Post:

chocolatelabguy (10-27-2010)

Thanks

I couldn't agree more, KB. The REALLY frustrating part about all of this is that when we bring our dog out to the farm to visit and play with our friends who feed this stuff, they often comment about how "soft and silky" our dog's coat is, and how "energetic" she is, and "she seems a bit thin, don't you think?" So we explain that we're feeding some higher quality food, we limit her food intake, and offer her quality treats at appropriate times, they get a glassy look in their eyes and proceed to dump another bowl full of this Walmart garbage into their dog's bowls and pass it off. I've seen this over and over again. I feel somewhat vindicated in that I feel as if I've gotten the word out to some of those closest to me, who have followed my advice and seen huge improvements in their dogs and cats. However, those that I can't seem to get through to are the ones that really bother me.

Sorry if this turned into a vent on my part, but I feel better for having posted it. Maybe it's time for a new thread - how does one deal with those who refuse to see logic and reason when it comes to the proper way to feed your best friends?

Thanks

I was trying to find the same information myself.... And to think I was feeding my PUPPIES their food when I was low on money... I should have just stuck with the RAW diet.... In the end it turns out better and cheaper.

I found this thread and forum in my search... talk about horrifying!

In my search I also came across this:

Dog Food Reviews - 1 Star Dry Dog Food - Powered by ReviewPost

And it has 42 something PAGES of all kinda of dog foods. It even had my local dollar stores food.... BUT... Boots and Barkley there was no results... Im not sure what scares me most... the fact it wasnt on there.... or not knowing what Target is hiding...

And to think alot of people think that because their icon is a bullterrier pup, that their dog products are safe by all means. About a year ago they had 3 or 4 kinds of dog toys of THEIR brand, recalled for safety hazzards.... Tsk Tsk...

Thanks

Default update

Picked up some Boots & Barkley large dog biscuits a few weeks ago, which my shepherd absolutely LOVES. Then I wondered if they weren't made in China, because the package says nothing.

I called the 800 # for Target on the package and gave them the product scan number... they didn't have an answer at first, but gave me a reference # and promised to call me back with it. Called again a couple days later, and the Target rep said they are made in the USA. 100%, and all ingredients.

The rep said that about products for human or pet consumption, it is illegal represent the product is made in the USA if it's not. Still strange the package doesn't say "Made in USA", but... they convinced me these biscuits are.

Banned
    Thanks

Not that this is the case here, but after WWII alot of items imported from Japan had "Made in USA - Japan" - the Japan probably in tiny letters so no one would notice. There is a town in Japan called Usa.

It is legal to say it's made in the USA if virtually all of it is. But I'm not sure what "virtually" can be interpreted as. Apparently, some part of it doesn't have to be.

In addition, if it's packed in the USA but contents are shipped from elsewhere - it does have to say that, I think, but it can still be misleading.

It would seem to me if it WAS made in the USA it would say so, since that is a selling plus for alot of buyers.

Thanks

It's terrible food... i'm ashamed they use bullseye as a mascot!
    schtuffy likes this.
    Photobucket

David~Furmommy in every sense of the word...Raw fed and loving it!!! 3/11/11
    "A Tired Bull Terrier is a Happy Bull Terrier owner"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epowerfan View Post
    Picked up some Boots & Barkley large dog biscuits a few weeks ago, which my shepherd absolutely LOVES. Then I wondered if they weren't made in China, because the package says nothing.

I called the 800 # for Target on the package and gave them the product scan number... they didn't have an answer at first, but gave me a reference # and promised to call me back with it. Called again a couple days later, and the Target rep said they are made in the USA. 100%, and all ingredients.

The rep said that about products for human or pet consumption, it is illegal represent the product is made in the USA if it's not. Still strange the package doesn't say "Made in USA", but... they convinced me these biscuits are.
    Personally, I don't think I'd trust treats from them either...even if my dog did seem to like them. Especially not when there are so many decent treat options out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Target has their own brand of dry dog food, Boots and Barkley. After several customer and I thoroughly checked the packages we could not find where the dog food was made. We checked several different varieties and it was not listed.

I called Target at 1-800-316-6151 and they refused to answer in what country the dog food was produced. They said that it is their policy to not reveal their sources. I explained to them that I was not asking them to reveal a source, but simply what country the dog food was made in. They refused to answer.

Shouldn't that be listed on the product...it was on every single bag of food except for their brand. What are they hiding?

What does that say about Target? I will no longer buy any pet products at all from them.
    ...Pet Food or pet product?... Hell I wouldnt shop their anymore........PERIOD!!!...Who knows what else they hiding or not telling!!

Thread Information