BB Wilderness vs. BB Freedom Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

DefaultBB Wilderness vs. BB Freedom

Hello!

I need some advice on which is better for my dog, Wilderness or Freedom.

I switched my dog over to BB Wilderness about a month and a half/two months ago because he was having stomach issues that kept recurring (he was previously on Purina One SmartBlend). He's been doing amazing since I switched him, he's got more energy, he's back to being playful and he loves the food. However, I read something recently about dogs that are not very active do better on a diet with less protein because the excess protein can be hard on their kidneys. My dog, while playful and energetic, is not active the majority of the time. He spends most of the day being, as my mother would say, a "lump" while I'm at work. On my days off, though, he's much more active.

So my question is kind of twofold, has anyone experienced kidney issues while feeding their dog BB Wilderness and should I consider switching my dog to BB Freedom?

Thanks!

Thanks

Why not feed both? I've heard about protein-kidney problem but haven't experienced it "personally", so I'm not able to help there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1073 View Post
    Hello!

I need some advice on which is better for my dog, Wilderness or Freedom.

I switched my dog over to BB Wilderness about a month and a half/two months ago because he was having stomach issues that kept recurring (he was previously on Purina One SmartBlend). He's been doing amazing since I switched him, he's got more energy, he's back to being playful and he loves the food. However, I read something recently about dogs that are not very active do better on a diet with less protein because the excess protein can be hard on their kidneys. My dog, while playful and energetic, is not active the majority of the time. He spends most of the day being, as my mother would say, a "lump" while I'm at work. On my days off, though, he's much more active.

So my question is kind of twofold, has anyone experienced kidney issues while feeding their dog BB Wilderness and should I consider switching my dog to BB Freedom?

Thanks!
    The more you drive up calories from carbohydrates the more lethargic and less active your dog will be. So unless you want a greater "lump" going to a higher carb fare is not in your interest. If you instead fed a higher-fat higher-protein (low-carbohydrate) you'd see stamina increase significantly.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information