Nature's Domain at Costco Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Nature's Domain at Costco

Jem
    Thanks

Default Nature's Domain at Costco

For all you Costco members, check your local costco for Nature's Domain dog food. I haven't heard of it before this, so I'm not sure if it is new or not. My store just started carrying Salmon + Sweet Potato (grain free, all life stages). It looks very similar to TOTW Salmon and Sweet pot. The great thing is, its $28 for 35lbs!! If my dog wasn't on raw, I would probably be feeding her that as she used to eat TOTW. My parent's dogs will be switching to it. Check it out! Hopefully they continue to sell it.

+Amy+

Thanks

Not great, but not bad I would say...especally for that price!!!

Ingredients
    Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, potato protein, potato fiber, natural flavor, flaxseed, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

CALORIE CONTENT
    3,590 kcals/kg (336 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein 24.0% minimum
    Crude Fat 14.0% minimum
    Crude Fiber 3.0% maximum
    Moisture 10.0% maximum
    Zinc 150 mg/kg
    minimum
    Selenium 0.4 mg/kg
    minimum
    Vitamin E 150 IU/kg minimum
    Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 2.4% minimum
    Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.3% minimum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to harrkim120 For This Useful Post:

Jem (03-11-2010)

Thanks

Thanks! I just saw this at our Costco. I did some digging on the manufacturer's webiste, and it appears that the food is part of the Diamond company. From their site:

"Nature's Domain™ is made by Diamond Pet Foods in three company owned manufacturing facilities, all in the United States. One is located in California, one in Missouri and one in South Carolina."

This would certainly expalin the similarities with TOTW.

All in all, it looks like a decent food, and, given the price, a solid value.

Thanks

it looks very potato heavy, so I wouldnt feed it, but I guess its good to have options if people want to get something other then pedigree or iams.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unosmom View Post
    it looks very potato heavy, so I wouldnt feed it, but I guess its good to have options if people want to get something other then pedigree or iams.

I agree, also it just seems to have not enough meat/animal protein content, but it looks decent esp at that price.
    SubMariner likes this.

Thanks

yep. a grain free food at 24% protein and 336 calories. it is hard to believe there is much meat in there. however, there sure is plenty of potatoe.

id guess one would need to feed an awful lot of that food, making it less of a value than it appears.

Thanks

Smile Nature's Domain

I switch foods about every 3 to 4 months for my four dogs. I use Nature's Domain and find my pups do quite on it.

There was a comments about having to use alot because of the potatoe content, not true. My 56lb Mix eats rounded cup twice a day and maintains
    a very healthy weight. She has had stool problems in the past and while
    on it has had no issues at all.

My three Doxies do really well on it also.

FYI

Thanks

potato, potato, potato. (No, ths isn't a harley-davidson commercial). Can you say high carb food. One protein source=minimal meat content. I pay the difference and feed TOTW and get a better food to boot.

Thanks

agree. not a horrible food but this move to simply replace fillers w/ Potatoes is a bit deceiving.

Thanks

I'm feeding it. My dog has done very well on it. I didn't like all the potato either, but he seems to do a little better on this than the Pacific Stream. No eye boogers. The carbohydrate percentage is 43%. TOTW Pacific Stream is 36%. In my honest opinion this food smells more like a fish based food than TOTW pacific stream. My dog seems to like it a bit more too. I add some Evanger's 100% game meat to up the protein a bit.

They also now have a Turkey Meal and Sweet Potato, but of course our Costco doesn't have it.

Nancy

Thread Information