New food on the market, Zignature. Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New food on the market, Zignature.

Thanks

Default New food on the market, Zignature.

Zignature® Your Pet's Signature Dish for Life!

First saw this on Mr. Chewy:
    Zignature Premium Quality Dog Food for Your Pets of All Life Stages

Dogs are carnivores by nature and do best on a meat-based diet. Their teeth, their digestive systems and their behavior clearly cofnirm this fact. Zignature delivers a complete and balanced diet to your canine. The first protein in our recipes are derived from meat. Meat is the first ingredient. Zignature believes in exceeding your expectations in pet nutrition with the finest blend of meats, legumes, vegetables, fruits, and oils available.

Looks interesting, and pretty affordable.

Trout, Salmon Meal, Peas, Pea Flour, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Chickpeas, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Natural Flavors, Salmon Oil, Sunflower Oil (preserved with Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Salt, Chorine Chloride, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Poteinate, Cobalt Proteinate), Vitamins (Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Blueberries, Carrots, Cranberries, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols.

Banned
    Thanks

Trout is the first ingredient so it's a wet weight. In reality, after it is cooked and the moisture is removed it drops way down on the ingredients list. It's a common misdirection on the ingredients list.

After that, some meal which is good and then absolutely no more meat. I bet the meat content of this food is actually fairly low.

I wonder why alfalfa is getting to be so popular in dry food. I am seeing it alot lately. And i can't figure out why they would add salt. And I'm not sure how many foods have added calcium. Is that because there is not enough meat/bones in there? Honestly, I'm not sure but I don't remember seeing that ingredient alot.

Thanks

Nice! It's good to see more potato-free and chicken-free formulas available too. I know a lot of people look for that!

I may email them for a sample.

Any idea where it's manufactured? All I see is Pets Global Inc. When I type it on google, all that comes up is some lawsuit with Weruva against them.
    Last edited by Jacksons Mom; 07-10-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Brit & Jackson

Thanks

This looks a lot like the Horizon Pulsar formulas only more expensive @ ~50c more per lb. Do you know who manufactures this food?

"There's a right way, a wrong and the Norwegian way" -Sig Hansen, Northwestern
    "Somehow in the dog food world we buy into the nonsense" - Jon Bunderson, Skyline Racing, ID

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaViking View Post
    This looks a lot like the Horizon Pulsar formulas only more expensive @ ~50c more per lb. Do you know who manufactures this food?
    Have you ever heard of Pets global?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xellil View Post
    Have you ever heard of Pets global?
    Doesn't ring a bell. Weruva vs Pets Global Inc

"There's a right way, a wrong and the Norwegian way" -Sig Hansen, Northwestern
    "Somehow in the dog food world we buy into the nonsense" - Jon Bunderson, Skyline Racing, ID

Thanks

considering that pea protein, flour and chickpeas are pretty high up on the list, it makes me question the true meat content of the food, which most likely isnt very high.

Thanks

Default Limited protein/ingredients Ziignature

Quote Originally Posted by Unosmom View Post
    considering that pea protein, flour and chickpeas are pretty high up on the list, it makes me question the true meat content of the food, which most likely isnt very high.
    This is a Limited protein/ingredients food without a whole bunch of filler. No potatoes or grains with single source proteins on 2 out of the 3 formulas. The foods are 28% to 31% Protein without using multiple meals. There are lots of foods that use lots of chicken meals, Assorted sm fish meals, eggs, etc to jack up the protein but that’s not a limited protein/ingredients food. The Lamb formula has only Lamb and Lamb meal as the first two ingredients and the Turkey is the same. There is only about a dozen ingredients besides the AAFCO required vitamins. If your dog doesn’t have allergies to chicken or other animal proteins and you don’t care about high Glycemic fillers, there are plenty of other foods out there. Why so negative right off the bat? Can't a company try to make a good food at a reasonable price? Have you tried this product? Pick up a sample and give it a try before condemning it.

Thanks

What are you talking about ? I just went on to the sites and the formulas are nothing alike.
    One talks about no Chicken or eggs and has 3 formulas with Chickpeas. The other has liquid eggs, chicken, chicken fat and has 2 formulas with lentils.
    PULSAR FISH FORMULA is made in Canada and has 28% protiens. The best price I could find at Petflow.com is $43.99 for 25lbs = $1.75 per pound. Zignature fish formula is made in USA and has 30% protien. $55.99 for 27lbs = $2.07 per pound. Mr Chewy.com gives you another 15% off everything so the price is $47.59 for 27lbs = $1.76 per lbs. They do not carry Pulsar. KLN makes this food in MN for Pets Global.

Thanks

What are you talking about ? I just went on to the sites and the formulas are nothing alike.
    One talks about no Chicken or eggs and has 3 formulas with Chickpeas. The other has liquid eggs, chicken, chicken fat and has 2 formulas with lentils.
    PULSAR FISH FORMULA is made in Canada and has 28% protiens. The best price I could find at Petflow.com is $43.99 for 25lbs = $1.75 per pound. Zignature fish formula is made in USA and has 30% protien. $55.99 for 27lbs = $2.07 per pound. Mr Chewy.com gives you another 15% off Zignature so the price is $47.59 for 27lbs = $1.76 per lbs. They do not carry Pulsar. KLN makes this food for Pets Global

Thread Information