How to ID a good kibble for cats? Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GoingPostal

Thread: How to ID a good kibble for cats?

Thanks

Question How to ID a good kibble for cats?

This month I'm going to visit an aunt who lives in the states and before she had a cat who died a few months ago, so now she has a new cat.

I don't know the breed of the cat yet, all I know is that is female and has less than a year, I don't know yet what type of kibble is she eating but I do know my aunt was feeding pedigree to some dogs she had in care years ago, so I guess the cat is eating something similar to it.

So I'm willing to make some suggestions for the cat, my aunt has an open mind.

I was wondering what does a cat needs in kibble for a good health? and is there a website wit cat kibble reviews like dog food advisor?

We are going in the days of her vacation but in normal days my aunt works a lot so it has to be a brand that is easy to find, like in places similar to petco/ petsmart. , neat!! of topic but this means I will get some canned foods for Pompadour as well :D
    Last edited by Sapphire-Light; 03-01-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Something grain free, as meaty as possible but kibble isn't really good for any cat, canned would be a way better idea.
    brandypup likes this.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

brandypup (03-01-2012), Sapphire-Light (03-01-2012)

Thanks

I would say there is no such thing. Kibble is bad for cats. Cats need meat and moisture to remain healthy. I would try instead a cheaper canned food.
    Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health
    RAW FED CLAN
    Boomer Beagle, Stewie LH Chihuahua
    GG, Pisces, Zodie, Butterball, Dolly
    [COLOR="#800080"]RIP Foster kitten Benji is Raw Quail fed dry FIP kitten.
    Prayers to good lives to my past foster cats.[/COLOR]
    In memory of Miss Bones. VAS victim 2001-2010

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brandypup For This Useful Post:

Sapphire-Light (03-01-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Something grain free, as meaty as possible but kibble isn't really good for any cat, canned would be a way better idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandypup View Post
    I would say there is no such thing. Kibble is bad for cats. Cats need meat and moisture to remain healthy. I would try instead a cheaper canned food.
    Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I forgot to mention she doesn't only feed kibble but canned as well , at least the dogs got the kibble mixed wit canned always however it was canned pedigree or alpo.

I'm not sure if she will be able to feed only canned to the cat, I could try to say it but if not possible how mush is a decent amount? like half and half?

Thread Information