**Petsmart is now carrying Wellness Core** Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: **Petsmart is now carrying Wellness Core**

Thanks

Default **Petsmart is now carrying Wellness Core**

I stopped at Petsmart today to pick yp a bag of Wellness Super5 puppy mix for Oliver. I was really surprised to see Wellness Core on the shelf. The sales clerk said they just got in several new foods this week and Wellness Core was one of them. This will make it so convenient when we switch Oliver over in a few months. Thought I would post this in case anyone else is interested. I don't know if this is at every store yet. I am in New Jersey.
    MollyWoppy and Huginn like this.
    Nadia

Thanks

Im new to this forum and ive had my dog 4 year old German sheppard akita mix on wellness core for 3 years now and lately hes been throwing up his food alot randomly. So i did some research and apparently wellness has changed some of their ingredients and alot of people are reporting their dogs throwing up their food. A couple people i know say they switched the dog food and theyre dogs are alot better now.Ive heard alot of people saying theiyve had their dog tested and their white bloodcell and red blood cell counts are really high and some even kidney failures. Anyone have anymore input on this?

Thanks

My dogs didn't throw up with Wellness but when I opened the bag it smelled funny so I returned it to the store. Decided to put my dogs on Acana after that.

Thanks

ya my dogs food stinks alot too, but then again i use to feed my dog tripe so i never thought anything of it till now

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruins17 View Post
    Im new to this forum and ive had my dog 4 year old German sheppard akita mix on wellness core for 3 years now and lately hes been throwing up his food alot randomly. So i did some research and apparently wellness has changed some of their ingredients and alot of people are reporting their dogs throwing up their food. A couple people i know say they switched the dog food and theyre dogs are alot better now.Ive heard alot of people saying theiyve had their dog tested and their white bloodcell and red blood cell counts are really high and some even kidney failures. Anyone have anymore input on this?
    That would be enough to make me never feed that food again. There are dog foods that are currently causing illness and death in dogs, but haven't been named yet. Mostly due to what you say - vets and owners reporting the deaths. It's just not worth the risk to keep feeding it, in my opinion.

Thanks

ya im not going to. But everyone says wellness is such a good dog food, kinda makes you think that if wellness is causing this then what other reputable foods arent safe either
    xellil likes this.

Thanks

I've never liked Wellness. Back before I fed raw we put Henry on Wellness. He got so sick while he was on it, he was projectile vomiting and diarrhea.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruins17 View Post
    ya im not going to. But everyone says wellness is such a good dog food, kinda makes you think that if wellness is causing this then what other reputable foods arent safe either
    Yes, in 2007 everyone was shocked the melamine was in all the pricey dog foods. People don't realize that all dog food brands are processed at a very few locations by companies that do it for everyone. So when one brand is contaminated, you can pretty much bet a whole bunch of others are contaminated also.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrownieM View Post
    I've never liked Wellness. Back before I fed raw we put Henry on Wellness. He got so sick while he was on it, he was projectile vomiting and diarrhea.
    See, I would think even if a dog was allergic to a dog food it wouldn't cause that. I would really think there was something in there that isn't on the ingredients list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xellil View Post
    See, I would think even if a dog was allergic to a dog food it wouldn't cause that. I would really think there was something in there that isn't on the ingredients list.
    Agreed. He has no food allergies so it was really weird that it happened. No such issues on raw. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I entertain the convenience of kibble, but I just can't do it. I feel so much better feeding real food.
    xellil likes this.

Thread Information