wisnton loves his acana Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: wisnton loves his acana

Banned
    Thanks

Default wisnton loves his acana

ordered acana on the 27th gt here today..not too shabby!
    opened up the bag and fed winston one kibble from my hands two times to test if he'd eat it..and he did :)
    took a handful of it, and threw it into his untouched totw bowl LOL....and he ate that.

food smells lie fish too!
    only thing that is annoying is the packaging...the back is so annoying ...with the ingredients list in several languages....also the package is greasy...it seems champion makes greasy packages.

Looks like winston loves this food though , so we shall see how it works....I'd lie to find it for cheaper than 64 bucks shipped but a having trouble.(best Ive found is 63 shipped on pfd but that WAS AFTER ORDERING FROM PETFLOW) I guess i misread and thought petflow wasn't charging me tax, but they charged me dollars
    Last edited by RCTRIPLEFRESH5; 11-29-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks

On the contrary I like the ingredient list in several languages because in Swedish (I think) it lists the percentages of each ingredient.

I've never had greasy packaging and I get it for the cats!
    CavePaws and Scarlett_O' like this.
    Josie, IG, born 2009, adopted July 16, 2012
    Tess, IG, born April 2, 2011
    Bishop, Sheltie, born June 25, 2010
    Benny, DSH, born ~2000
    Cola, DLH, born October 2012

All raw fed except picky cat Benny ;-)

Thanks

Glad you found something Winston likes. Hope it agrees with him and you continue to be happy with it. Packaging doesn't mean a thing, (other than disclosure of course), its the inside bits that count! :D
    Good Luck!
    CavePaws likes this.

Thanks

I am glad he likes his Acana!

The best I could find was $64.99 with free shipping at Pet Food Station, here: www.petfoodstation.com - Acana Pacifica Dry Dog Food, Free Shipping over $49

Most likely there will be a promotion where you may save a bit, but it sounds like the mid to low $60's is the norm. Also, I have never experienced an issue with "greasy" packaging.

Thanks

I like Acana/Orijen packaging... you can tell they spend some $$ on their materials. Trust me on this one;)

Glad its working, RC. Great food.
    Scarlett_O' likes this.
    If there are no Dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers

Thanks

I very much like their packaging...but that's just me. I've always been a "texture" person, I sleep in only satin pjs, and I like frosty glass for how it feels when I scratch it...the packaging of Champion products give me that same "it's weird and I like it" feeling lol, it seems kinda "slippery" I think I understand what you mean by "greasy". I also like that it's vacuum sealed because the food is more fresh :).

I hope you and Winston like Acana and it works for you both. After comparing labels, there's nothing else I feel comfortable feeding my boys aside from Orijen and Acana (and eventually RAW thanks DFC people ;) ). Wonderful products.

Thanks

Ya know what you could do if you don't like the packaging? You could get yourself an airtight container to put the food in. Then you'd never have to deal with it until you got a new bag!

Seriously, I'm really glad Winston likes it. Great choice, Dave!
    Richelle

Ania - German Shepherd Dog
    Prey Model Raw since September 2009

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ania's Mommy View Post
    Ya know what you could do if you don't like the packaging? You could get yourself an airtight container to put the food in. Then you'd never have to deal with it until you got a new bag!
    lol, I put the dog food in containers with a scoop for convenience, despite how much I love the bag....I hate throwing it out, I always sit and look at it first (even though I've read the ingredients in every language a bunch of times already hahaah!)

Thanks

Yeah, I hate my kibble's "greasy" feeling bag so I always dump it into a container, lol. Glad you found something he likes!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ania's Mommy View Post

Seriously, I'm really glad Winston likes it. Great choice, Dave!
    YES!!! I second that suggestion. An airtight container is something every kibble feeder should have, regardless of the packaging.

Airtight. Container. A container that's airtight. It's amazing!
    jdatwood, CavePaws, Tobi and 2 others like this.
    --Linsey--
    RAW feeding my CARNIVORES since 2009

Thread Information