Carlos has a bladder issue Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Carlos has a bladder issue

Thanks

Default Carlos has a bladder issue

He can't seem to hold it more than 4 hours without going in the crate or in the house coming out of the crate to go outside. He is almost 2 years old. Boxer mix. I believe he always had this problem. Anything I can do to make it easier on him? He looks funny in a diaper.
    Last edited by bridget246; 04-12-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Thanks

Have you had a urinalysis done at the vets?
    MollyWoppy and Scarlett_O' like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bridget246 View Post
    He can't seem to hold it more than 4 hours without going in the crate or in the house coming out of the crate to go outside. He is almost 2 years old. Boxer mix. I believe he always had this problem. Anything I can do to make it easier on him? He looks funny in a diaper.
    Raw or kibble? If kibble, see my post in the dry section.

"There's a right way, a wrong and the Norwegian way" -Sig Hansen, Northwestern
    "Somehow in the dog food world we buy into the nonsense" - Jon Bunderson, Skyline Racing, ID

Thanks

Like what lovemydogalways said, I'd get a urinalysis done. Hopefully he's just got a bit of a UTI.

Thanks

We did that on top of his wellness check. It all checked out fine. He just have a really small shift so it is a little harder for him to hold it when stressed from the new move. The test was only 17 and it puts that worry to rest.

The original owner used cranberry juice. I never have any of that but I might buy it just for him.

Carlos is raw fed.

Thanks

We did that on top of his wellness check. It all checked out fine. He just have a really small shift so it is a little harder for him to hold it when stressed from the new move. The test was only 17 and it puts that worry to rest.

The original owner used cranberry juice. I never have any of that but I might buy it just for him.

Carlos is raw fed.
    i'm not sure that cranberry juice is potent enough, i always heard you had to use the pills to be effective.

Is he drinking a lot of water? that could make it harder to hold it in. i would treat him like a puppy and take him out frequently so he doesn't develop a habit of going in his crate or the house. where was he before you took him in? wondering if he had to do that before....

Thanks

Carlos is raw fed.
    His bladder has always been a problem. He was 100 times better on raw, so hopefully when he gets good and into it again it will help strengthen his bladder again. I know she used to give him cranberry tabs, I don't think she used the juice.

I wonder if there is any herbs you can use for bladder control?
    Melissa
    Annie- Boxer - 04/02/05
    Nalah- Boxer - 05/13/07
    Tucker- Boxer - 03/25/11

Thriving, not just surviving on a
    Raw fed diet since 03/12/2012 - Never to look back!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Makovach View Post
    His bladder has always been a problem. He was 100 times better on raw, so hopefully when he gets good and into it again it will help strengthen his bladder again. I know she used to give him cranberry tabs, I don't think she used the juice.

I wonder if there is any herbs you can use for bladder control?
    I have no idea where you guys are getting all of these garlic tabs and cranberry tabs from. Is there any herbs? Is it possible to reduce his water without reducing Bridget's?

Hopefully when he gets a little more use to raw he can hold it for at least 9 hours. He does cry at the door to go out now when he isn't in the crate so that is awesome. Other than that if my GF leaves the room he gets scared and does everything right where he is. Poop, pee, everything. So he is crated if she isn't in the room. I thought maybe my presence could help but nope, he just ran away from me.

Thanks

I have no idea where you guys are getting all of these garlic tabs and cranberry tabs from. Is there any herbs? Is it possible to reduce his water without reducing Bridget's?

Hopefully when he gets a little more use to raw he can hold it for at least 9 hours. He does cry at the door to go out now when he isn't in the crate so that is awesome. Other than that if my GF leaves the room he gets scared and does everything right where he is. Poop, pee, everything. So he is crated if she isn't in the room. I thought maybe my presence could help but nope, he just ran away from me.

I go to walmart and buy garlic pills or cranberry pills.

The brewersyeast and gralic tabs are sold in tabs, and in powder. I'm not sure how much I like the brewersyeast tho.
    Revival Animal - Search Results for brewersyeast and garlic

I don't think there is any surefire way to reduce his water in take with out with holding from Bridget unless they were always separated.

It sounds like Carlos may have bonded himself to your girlfriend. I don't know if its because he's never really relied on men or because he was a womans dog. But I think you need to take a long walk with him and get his attention on you. Does he listen to you with out being afraid? Do you know what/use NILIF (nothing in life is free)? Does your girlfriend work with Carlos? I hope you can figure something out... I'm always here if you need to bounce around ideas!
    Melissa
    Annie- Boxer - 04/02/05
    Nalah- Boxer - 05/13/07
    Tucker- Boxer - 03/25/11

Thriving, not just surviving on a
    Raw fed diet since 03/12/2012 - Never to look back!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,376 Posts

UA and belly bands.

Take him out every hour or two so he can train his bladder
    Scarlett_O' likes this.

Thread Information