Dog Food Chat banner

DRIED Anchovies!

14K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kennyk 
#1 ·
Hello! I am cleaning out my frig and found couple of boxes of dried anchovies. They're about 1 to 2 inches big and was quite expensive when I bought them a year ago (imported from korea). My question is, Is it ok to feed it to my 14week lab? Any recipes you guys might have? I could ground them up and maybe use them to make treats but I dont know... Anyone???

#3 ·
What does the label say as to what is in it?

If it was salted highly I would skip them.

#4 ·
what does your dog normally eat? kibble? raw? I wouldn't feed too many at a time or you might find splatters on your floor and wall, things like that could be pretty rich and cause digestive upset if given in large quantities.

#7 ·
That's way too much sodium! Either toss them or eat them yourself.....WAY too much for your dog!!!!

#8 ·
Ack really? I use them as treats for my dogs, it doesn't say salt on the label but they do smell salty, I don't give them a lot though maybe two fish each per day....

#9 ·
I just used a handful to make treats with liver and he loves it. I threw the rest of them away because no one in the family likes fish stock or anything anchovy related lol. I remembered why I bought it in the first place! It was actually a raffle prize that I won by buying 50 tickets @ $1 each lol a donation sorta thing for elderly people i think... O WELLS! lol Thanks for your inputs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.