Dog Food Chat banner

Tomato Pomace

16K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  RawFedDogs 
#1 ·
Is it good? Is it bad? What's the deal with it, I've heard some people say its fine and other people refuse to feed their dog any food with it as an ingredient.

#2 ·
Well, I don't worry about it. Its a digestible fiber, and contributes lycopene. Some people feel its just a cheap filler in the food. Its not anything I have ever worried about nor has it caused any problems in my dogs. I am sure you will get people who wont feed it in dog food or will feed it. For me I have had no problem with it.

#6 ·
You could call it a filler, but it serves a big purpose with it's fiber. Which is a stool stiffner. If you didn't have something like this in the dog food it "could" get ugly. You could say a lot of ingredients in dog food could be considered a filler. Most of the fruits and vegetables, fed fresh or in dog food kibble really isn't needed. And actually most dairy products are bad for dogs, cheese, milk and so on. My point is, BIG DEAL it isn't gonna harm your dog. You should be adding fresh meat to your dogs diet anyway,, which is more important than worrying about a minor ingredient.

#10 ·
I've never seen a kibble with it high up in ingredients. Do kibble fed dogs need fiber in there? I know bones act like a stool binder in raw fed dogs but couldn't the kibble companies add more bone instead of a vegetable filler?

Reactions: jdatwood
#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.