backed by scientific study?? Special for DogFoodChat visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: backed by scientific study??

Thanks

Smile backed by scientific study??

I'm new and just reading some of the threads and peoples opinions and ways that people feed their dogs. What I am interested to know is if any of you have seen actual scientific studies on these or your just internet surfing and seeing what other people have to say? Not accusing anyone, I was just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,869 Times in 2,676 Posts

I don't need scientific studies to tell me that the natural diet for my dog works wonders. Because is does. I the proof I see is the health of my dogs and cats.

Most of the "scientific studies" or "clinical trials" are all backed by big business. That is how they are funded. They are based completely on the notion of how they can produce the CHEAPEST food that will sustain a dog, or fix some kind of ailment that was probably due to poor/inadequate nutrition anyway.

Most studies are also trying to tell me that my dog is an omnivore and should be eating grains or other carb sources. Which in and of itself is a 100% false statement. End of story.

The reason why there is no clinical trials behind raw diets? Because there is no money in it. It takes big bucks to fund clinical trials because they are usually very in depth and take a long time to complete. And you would most likely be appalled at the regulations and requirements for these "clinical" trials anyways because they are in no way sufficient to produce accurate, life long results. I know that I am appalled at them. No one wants to fund a study that they wont make money off of. Because a raw diet is completely self sustaining...meaning we don't buy any certain brand or type of food. We get our food supplies from all over and from private sources.

Not to mention the decreased business that vet practices would see from lack of nutrition based illnesses that would be noticed if everyone was feeding raw.
    Last edited by DaneMama; 02-07-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    Liz, Rodeo, bett and 1 others like this.

Natalie
    Feeding raw since 2008

Proper Carnivore Nutrition - Prey Model Raw

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaneMama For This Useful Post:

BrownieM (01-24-2011), dobesgalore (06-30-2010), Jordan S. (02-08-2010), mike594 (01-06-2011), smexywhales16 (04-15-2011), spookychick13 (02-07-2010)

Thanks

I was just interested in knowing because I get crap all the time for what food I feed my dog b/c you won't find it in a pet store. I feel like I have seen my pets do well on it. I don't take much stock in what I read off the internet b/c my honest opinion is you never know who is behind writing it. But thanks for the comment. I appreciate your honesty.

Thanks

What do you feed your dog?

Natalie
    Feeding raw since 2008

Thanks

Lifes Abundance. Yeah people give me crap on how its sold and where it stands on the How Great Is My Dog Food List. But all I know is that all my animals do great on it, and a lot of my clients use it as well and seem to really like the results. the one thing I love is that I can talk to the vet that formulates it anytime that I want. And if she thinks her food might not be the best option she doesn't have a problem telling you. I think the thing I like the most is the freshness factor of the food. And it's a small company and been around for about 10 years. I'm sure I'll get crap for even writing this

Thanks

On slightly the same topic...has anyone on here had blood work done for any reason since being on PMR or anyother diet change that's displayed their health? That might help dogtrainer1507 out.
    Last edited by harrkim120; 02-07-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks

come again???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogtrainer1507 View Post
    come again???
    lol...I'm asking if anyone has any blood work results showing that the diet they've chosen for their dog has either improved their health (obviously they would need blood work from before the diet change as well) or at least showing that their dog is healthy now.

Thanks

I have had bloodwork done on all four of our dogs and they all have perfect values, its been about a year for most of it but I'm confident that they are still doing well. Their kidney and protein levels were always a bit high, not dangerously high but just elevated. That is because the bloodwork panels range values are geared towards kibble fed dogs, not raw fed dogs. Will probably recheck values again soon.

Natalie
    Feeding raw since 2008

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaneMama For This Useful Post:

harrkim120 (02-07-2010)

Thanks

Looks like its a mediocre food based on the quality of the used ingredients. Rating a 3 star on dogfoodanalysis.com

Dog Food Reviews - All Products - Powered by ReviewPost

Natalie
    Feeding raw since 2008

Thread Information